About the role
Blue Sky Partners is a national consulting firm that helps organizations set clear goals, develop sustainable systems, and establish healthy expectations. Unlike most consulting firms, we don’t just tell our clients how to achieve their goals—we actively help achieve them. If we have an internal mantra, it’s to do great work, experiment, mind the details, treat people well, be honest, be of service, and keep learning.
After five years of consistent growth, we’re hiring a Director of Client Services to oversee all aspects of the client experience at Blue Sky Partners.
BSP’s Director of Client Services will be responsible for managing and coaching our team of consultants; producing and presenting client deliverables; building a list and supervising our subject matter experts and specialists; developing new strategies; handling account and project management; assisting with the management of business development pipeline and proposals; developing and implementing a client experience that surprises and delights; and ensuring that clients receive exceptional service at every touch point along the way
A successful applicant will be comfortable with a workload that is 20-25% business development, 50-60% client production and direct consulting, and 20-25% direct management and internal operations.
We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated record of leading and managing teams to deliver exceptional service and a high quality end product to clients.
The Director of Client Services will report to BSP COO, Tim Seaton, and work closely with Chief Strategy Officer, Matt Glazer.
You’re good at…
This job might be for you if you would enjoy:
- Client services
- Planning, producing, and managing client projects
- Determining and adhering to a project’s schedule, scope, and budget
- Directing team members to efficiently meet client and company objectives at a high quality
- Producing detailed reports, guidance, presentations, and client deliverables on time, on budget, and at a high quality
- Defining internal and external operating budgets, capacity tracking, rate sheets, hiring and managing subject matter experts and full-time staff
- Handling resource, risk, and scope management
- Managing client expectations
- Developing and maintaining relationships with outside contractors, subject matter experts, and specialists to utilize on projects, as needed
- Business development
- Assisting with business development by activating and engaging your network, pitching potential clients at events, renewing and expanding contracts
- Leading on RFP/RFQ responses
- Creating proposals
- Being responsible for managing Blue Sky Partners’ CRM
- Participating in sales-related interviews and meetings with potential clients
- Working with our Chief Strategy Officer to develop and manage business development strategy and best practices
- Internal operations
- Planning departmental OKRs, budget, capacity tracking, rate sheets, SMEs, and full-time staff, with approval of COO
- Helping develop case studies and other similar marketing and sales collateral
- Running the client onboarding and off-boarding process
- Running and supervising all internal meetings that are focused on client services
- Building and managing teams
- Designating responsibilities among team members, including managing the Blue Sky Partners executive team’s time on client projects
Would be extra awesome if…
You don’t have to have this kind of experience, but it would be cool if you did…
- 7+ years prior experience in customer facing roles
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- Self-starter with experience working remote and managing asynchronous teams
- Have managed a team of three or more
- Have recruited and trained professional service providers
- Have experience working with high-level executives
- Have experience with program design or design thinking
- Have a general familiarity with change management
- Have experience with small and large-scale facilitations
- Have nonprofit management experience (working in, on the board of, a long-time volunteer, etc)
- Have experience navigating corporate environments
- Have worked with systems like HubSpot CRM, ClickUp, Slack, WordPress, and Google Drive
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of clients and team members
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound judgment calls
- Superior organizational, time management, and writing skills
- Knowledge of customer service programs and databases, or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Innovative, creative thinking skills to ensure the organization is providing a great client experience
Starting salary, perks, and benefits
This is a full-time position; Blue Sky Partners is based in Austin, Texas, but you don’t have to be.
- $87,500-95,000 annual starting salary
- Role-based commission or bonus structure, based off starting salary, metrics and performance (developed collaboratively, between $15,000-25,000 annually)
- Regular organizational bonuses, as BSP hits its corporate goals
- Access to organizational charity and non-profit donation program
- Healthcare coverage and other benefits through our partnership with Insperity
- Flexible work environment and remote work allowed, including weekly optional in-person work sessions for Austin-based employees—complete with a taco budget
- Unlimited time off—BSP’s unlimited time off policy is based on mutual trust between team members; it gives every team member opportunities to work or take time off as they see fit, as long as they fulfill their roles and responsibilities. We encourage active use of the policy and prioritize family, mental and physical health, and rest.
- Work computer provided
- Regular cost-of-living salary adjustments after one year of employment
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, “Blue Sky Partners Director of Client Services Job”; please include your resume, a letter of interest telling us about the experience you bring to the role and why you want to work at BSP, and we are requesting no more than 3 references.
This posting will remain open until filled.
About Blue Sky Partners
Founded in 2017 in Austin, Texas, Blue Sky Partners is a national consulting firm that helps organizations set clear goals, developing sustainable systems, and establish healthy expectations. We work with for-profits, nonprofits, and governments to improve operations and increase impact. Since our founding we’ve used that experience to help nearly 100 organizations launch more than 100 departments, initiatives, projects, and products.